Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Brunch Hashbrowns and Sausage

I've never really been a "brunch" person.  Come to think of it, I don't think I've actually ever been out to brunch.  But I was flipping through one of my favorite cookbooks, La Dolce Vegan by Sarah Kramer, and came across a recipe for sausage hash.  For some reason it really appealed to me.  So I decided I would make it and have Sunday brunch.  I added a couple of ingredients, making it more southern style.  But it turned out really delicious.  I especially like that it's simple and filling.

Vegan "Sausage" Hash

What You Will Need:


1 cup vegan "sausage," chopped --- I use Lightlife brand smart links    
1 small onion, chopped
2 tablespoons butter --- I use Earth Balance.
2 medium potatoes, grated --- I just sliced them hash brown style.
2 tablespoons milk --- I use Silk pure almond.
Salt and pepper, to taste
Ground black peppercorn (optional)
Maple syrup (optional) --- I use sugar free, it has just the right amount of sweetness.

In a large pan, saute the sausage and onion in butter until the onions become translucent.  Then stir in the potatoes, milk, and add a pinch of salt and pepper.  Stir and fry until the potatoes begin to brown.  Remove from heat and if you like, add ground black peppercorn and drizzle maple syrup on top.

So easy, delicious, and filling.  This meal is a great way to kick off the day.










No comments:

Post a Comment